Wednesday, July 31, 2013

31 July 2013.

E Madre. E is dear in Maori!!! I am learning so many little saying in different languages, it is so cool that i have the opportunity to be able to serve with so many different ethnicity's. I love all of you guys back at home and I am praying for all of you and your health. Wow, everything is changing so much over there. Warner is now two, I remember him being born just yesterday!!!! And he can swim all by himself. Lacy sure knows how to teach them!!!! I would love for you to email some photos of them every week aye. Hahaha!! I got your letter this morning, thanks I will write to the family some more. Ofa atu!!!  You went to the lake, what the heck!!!!! I feel like Elder Vanpelt from the Best Two Years, FAR OUT!!!!!!!!!!

{Taking down the Orcs of Satan}

I got a package from a couple of friends this past week. It was a really nice surprise!! In the package they had a couple of letters from David Shurt....can't remember how to spell his name...Samantha Elender, Hailey Cooper and Emily Helferstay. The nest day after that I received another letter from someone else. I plan to write all of you but the stamp here is way too much, so be patient with me.

{Elder Nevitt's pet hedgehog Sonic--He only kept him one night}

Far Out it has been 140 days since I left home!!! I am having the time of my life. Last week I took my licence test again and this time I PASSED!! Now I am driving a nice Zone Leader Corolla. We got on for our area and only the Zone Leaders drive them, so I feel real special!!!!!! The building in Y-puk is open and we are going back to church there which is easier with investigators and less actives to come to church. I don't know if I told you or not but Tony O'Rielly went out of town and will come back sometime this month and then we will baptize him.

{Duck Dynasty?!}

We spoke in church this past Sunday!!! Wow, I am getting a lot better my with talks--I just picture myself like Papa. I say what comes to my mind. I talked about Elder Dallin H. Oaks' talk. Got to keep it fresh with one of my own, DALLIN!!! It talked about Christ being an example in my life. I also talked about other people being examples. But I really focused on Papa and Ole being examples of hard workers, Farmers, and how they went and served full time missions and so did the Savior. I cried a little when I bore my testimony. I can tell I am growing a little bit!!! My Prahata (Soa in Tahiti) talked about prayer.

{Elder Nevitt's bed}

P-day (preparation day) was an alright day. I first started crying my eyes out in the library with what happened with POP. I know that all is going to be all good!!!! I just am a little nervous, but I kind of gave me a kick in the butt to work harder!!!!! After that we went on a hike to a mountain that allows you to see all over Waipuk. It was wonderful and fun!!! A funny thing happened though, I got lost from my Soa. I took a wrong turn and I was ahead of him. I spent 30 minutes trying to find him. I finally went back to the start and I knelt down and offered up a prayer. (Just what my toko-Tongan for Soa-talked about in church the day before.) In the prayer I asked to be able to find him with in the next minute. I finished it and walked a little bit and I found him! It was a powerful experience, and a testimony of the power of prayer. We then hiked up to the top and took a lot of pics of the beautiful paradise of Waipukurau (meaning water of fungus-fungus like mushrooms to eat). I hope all of you are OK. I love you. Take care ofa atu.

444 God will support! Love, Elder Nevitt

No comments:

Post a Comment